|Cost to Build||₡200,000|
The Locomotive Halls are a landmark unique building available only with the Cities: Skylines Mass Transit DLC. To unlock this building you’ll need to achieve two things:
- Build 7 instances of the multiplatform train station
- And reach the Small City population milestone (2,600 – 11,000 citizens, depending on the map)
The landmarks tab of the unique buildings menu will already be unlocked at the Worthy Village milestone, but train stations aren’t unlocked until the Small City milestone.
The requirement is really simple, but building this can be fairly expensive in the early- to mid-game.
In total, you’ll need to have ₡620,000 to spare in order to build the 7 multi-platform train stations and the Locomotive Halls itself. There may be minor costs for power and water connections as well. The combined upkeep for the train stations and the Locomotive Halls is also quite costly.
|Building||Build Cost (₡)||Upkeep Cost (₡ /week)|
|Locomotive Train Halls||200,000||1,200|
|Multi-platform Train Station
Building the Multi-Platform Train Stations
You’ll find the multi-platform train station in the Public Transport Hubs tab. It will need to be placed along a road.
Technically, if you’re only building the train stations for the unlock and don’t intend to keep them around (and don’t mind wasting ₡420,000), you could just plop them down anywhere, and bulldoze them after you’ve built the Locomotive Halls.
However, if you do plan to use them, place them strategically around your city where you feel they would serve the most passengers.
Making Use of Your Multi-Platform Train Stations
A train network with your seven brand new multi-platform stations can be a good way to increase your public transport usage and lessen traffic.
Each of these stations allows for 6 train tracks to be connected to it. Each one also has a built-in metro station, allowing for easy transfer to and from a local metro line.
Here are a few ways you can make use of the multiple tracks:
- Creating separate loop lines connecting to different parts of your city
- Assigning one platform to the train track external connection, to allow for inter-city trains
- Creating bypass lanes, so you can have express train lines that can pass through some of the stations without stopping, versus local lines that make much more frequent stops
- Cities: Skylines Locomotive Halls Unlock Guide