Pearl Bay is a map from the Cities: Skylines Industries DLC.
This tropical map features a rich landscape with interesting bodies of water, islands, and mountains, but still provides a good amount of buildable land.
A river winds through the northern part of the map, which offers a hilly area with long stretches of built-in external highway and railway.
Highway and railway are also present in the east, as well as much larger areas of flat land for zoning or industry.
Towards the south, you’ll find long coastlines, and an island with an impressive mountain.
And then towards the west there’s a scattering of islets where the river flows out into the ocean.
- Visually interesting landscape
- All natural resources available
- All external connection types available
Your starting tile is at the river delta, and has the river running down the middle.
Regardless of whether you plan to start building towards the island on the west, or the mainland in the east, you’ll find it easy to set up your initial water source.
Wind power is also abundant on your starting tile, making a clean energy start very viable since you’ll be able to get max power from your wind turbines.
Your starting tile also has fertile land, making an early game farming industry viable.
All four external connection types (highway, railway, ship, and air) are available on this map.
The northern and eastern portions of the map have long stretches of highway and railway built in.
The ship connection can be found along both the southern and western parts of the map.
Airports can be tricky to place on the island and near the river though, because the land elevation varies so much.
Either plan ahead to level some terrain, or simply build your airport in the western part of the map where there’s more flat land.
As Pearl Bay is from the Industries DLC, it’s no surprise that it’s a fantastic map for natural resources.
All four types (fertile land, forest, oil, and ore) are available here.
- Patches of fertile land are scattered all across the map
- The northern tiles have large areas of dense forest
- Ore can be found both along the western coast, and a hilly region in the east
- Most of the map’s oil is near the southern coast, but there is also some located at the river delta as well
This map is also great for fishing industry, and all four fish types are available on this map.
Note: requires the Sunset Harbor DLC.
- Anchovy is present in the open waters in the west and south of the map
- You’ll find salmon around the river delta, including the parts of the river in your starting tile
- There’s some tuna near the delta but most of it is farther up the river in the north
- Though a little far from the coastline, there is also shellfish in the open waters in the west (near the southwest part of the island)
The tile north of your starting area has plenty of land and a longer section of the river.
You’ll also be able to access the external railway to the north thanks to a short segment of tracks extending from the junction.
However, you’ll have to expand once more either to the north or east for the longer sections of highway and railway.
The tile east of the starting area is a fantastic choice for expanding your industry.
It has plenty of forestry as well as fertile land.
It also gives you a long stretch of highway and railway, so you won’t find it hard to create routes for your industry’s trucks to go in and out of the city.
In the tile south of your starting area, the river flows into the ocean.
You’ll get a portion of both the island and the mainland here, with plenty of coastline.
The tile west of the starting area also gives you more of the island to play with.
Just note that the terrain here is quite hilly, so it may not always be the best choice for your very first expansion.
Below are the population targets for each milestone on Pearl Bay.