The Level 60 trial Containment Bay Z1T9, also known as Zurvan NM, can be unlocked by accepting the quest “The Last Pillar to Fall” from Unukalhai in The Rising Stones (X:6.1, Y:5.3). But this trial is locked behind The Warring Triad storyline which begins with the Level 60 quest “Gods of Eld” from Torsefers in The Pillars (X:11.7, Y:11.5).
So you’ll first need to defeat Sephirot in Containment Bay S1T7 and Sophia in Containment Bay P1T6 before you can unlock the Zurvan trial.
Step-by-Step Unlock Guide
- Complete the Level 60 MSQ “Heavensward” from the Guidance Node in Azys Lla (X:16.0, Y:22.0).
- Finish the Level 60 introductory quest for The Warring Triad storyline “Gods of Eld” from Torsefers in The Pillars (X:11.7, Y:11.5).
- Accept the quest “When the Bough Wakes” from Unukalhai in The Rising Stones (X:6.1, Y:5.3) and defeat Sephirot in Containment Bay S1T7.
- Complete the quest “The Fate of Stars” from Unukalhai in The Rising Stones (X:6.1, Y:5.3).
- Finish the quest “Balance unto All” from Unukalhai in The Rising Stones (X:6.1, Y:5.3) by defeating Sophia in Containment Bay P1T6.
- Accept the quest “The Last Pillar to Fall” from Unukalhai in The Rising Stones (X:6.1, Y:5.3).
- Interact with the destination point in Azys Lla (X:26.8, Y:22.7).
- Speak with Unukalhai once more in Azys Lla (X:25.5, Y:22.5).
Detailed Unlocking Guide
Containment Bay Z1T9 is the last of the six primal fights made available in the Heavensward expansion and is part of The Warring Triad questline.
So you’ll need to have first finished the Level 60 MSQ “Heavensward” from the Guidance Node in Azys Lla (X:16.0, Y:22.0) before Zurvan’s storyline can be unlocked.
Once you’re done with that, meet Torsefers in The Pillars (X:11.7, Y:11.5) to begin The Warring Triad questline.
The Ishgardian knight tells you of a mysterious stranger that left you a message, asking you to visit him in Mor Dhona.
Talk to this stranger in The Rising Stones (X:6.1, Y:5.3) to continue.
Upon arriving in The Solar, a white-robed man will soon enter. He introduces himself as Unukalhai and has sought you out to warn you about the rising threat of the eikons that date back to the age of the Allags.
You’ll then need to undertake several quests from Unukalhai in The Rising Stones (X:6.1, Y:5.3) before Containment Bay Z1T9 can be unlocked.
Here is a full list of all the quests you’ll need to complete:
|1. “When the Bough Wakes”||Containment Bay S1T7||Sephirot||Level 60 Disciple of War or Magic job and Item Level 190+|
|2. “The Fate of Stars”||Single-player instance||Regula Van Hydrus||Level 60 Disciple of War or Magic job|
|3. “Balance Unto All”||Containment Bay P1T6||Sophia||Level 60 Disciple of War or Magic job and Item Level 220+|
Once you’ve finished the prerequisite quests and defeated the required bosses, talk to Unukalhai once more and accept the quest “The Last Pillar to Fall.”
Unukalhai will give you a brief history of the final eikon residing in the Allagan Containment Bays while your fellow scions search for Zurvan’s whereabouts.
Once you’re done talking, head to Azys Lla (X:26.8, Y:22.7) and interact with the destination point.
In the resulting cutscene, Regula Van Hydrus will emerge from the facility and propose an alliance to defeat Zurvan. The situation leaves you and your friends no choice but to reluctantly agree.
Afterward, speak with Unukalhai once more in Azys Lla (X:25.5, Y:22.5) to delve deeper into the facility and unlock Containment Bay Z1T9. This trial requires a Level 60 Disciple of War or Magic job and an average item level of 235 to enter.
Trial Boss: Zurvan
Since this trial was released way back in the Heavensward expansion, it can be easily soloed with any high-leveled character. However if you’re a new player, you may need to do this trial using the Duty Finder.
Learn all about Zurvan’s mechanics below so you can clear this trial smoothly.
Phase 1: Metal Cutter and Flare Star
Metal Cutter x2 > East Quadrant falls > Flare Star > Metal Cutter > North Quadrant falls > Metal Cutter > West Quadrant falls > Flare Star > The Purge.
The northern, eastern, and western quadrants of the arena will eventually be destroyed (as shown in the rotation). Stay in the southern quadrant at all times.
- Metal Cutter: A cleaving tankbuster attack on the primary target. Always face the boss away from the party.
- Flare Star: Fiery circle AoEs dropped on random players. Spread out to avoid overlap.
- The Purge: A room-wide AoE that signals the transition into Phase 2.
Phase 2: Soar and Flaming Halberd
Metal Cutter x2 > Wave Cannon > Repeat until 83% HP > Metal Cutter > Soar > Flaming Halberd > Demonic Dive > Metal Cutter > Wave Cannon > Soar > Flaming Halberd > Demonic Dive > Metal Cutter.
In Phase 2, you’ll fall into a new arena. The outer edges will constantly deal 9999 damage to anyone standing in it, so avoid getting knocked back.
- Wave Cannon: A non-telegraphed line attack in front of the boss that applies a stacking “Vulnerability Up” debuff for 120 seconds. Run toward the boss’ flanks or back to avoid.
- Soar: The boss will summon two clones that will rush out of the arena, damaging anyone in their path. After a few seconds, these clones will rush back in for another set of line attacks. Each rushing attack will apply stacking “Vulnerability Up” debuffs for 120 seconds.
- Flaming Halberd: During “Soar,” multiple players will be marked with fire AoEs that will drop “Burns” DoT puddles afterward. Spread the markers out while avoiding the line attacks to prevent overlap.
- Demonic Dive: A stack marker on a random player. Stand inside the marker to share incoming damage.
Phase 3: Biting Halberd, Ciclicle, and Tail End
Ice and Fire > Metal Cutter x2 > Biting Halberd > Southern Cross > Ciclicle > Metal Cutter > Tail End > Metal Cutter x2 > Repeat from Biting Halberd until 59% HP.
Most of the boss’ attacks during this phase apply stacking “Vulnerability Up” debuffs for 120 seconds.
- Ice and Fire: An ice puddle will appear underneath the boss. Stepping inside it will result in a constant “Frostbite” DoT and a “Leaden” status effect that slows your movement.
- Biting Halberd: A 270-degree knockback AoE. Move behind the boss to avoid.
- Southern Cross: Ground AoEs under random players that drop ice puddles similar to “Ice and Fire.” Bait the AoEs in one area to preserve room for movement.
- Ciclicle: A huge donut knockback AoE. Move inside the boss’ hitbox or near the edges of the arena to avoid.
- Tail End: A large point-blank knockback AoE. Move near the edges of the arena to avoid.
Phase 4: Execrated Mobs
Execrated Thew x3 > Execrated Wit x1 + Execrated Will x1 > Execrated Wit x1 + Execrated Will x2 > Ahura Mazda.
- Execrated Mobs: Zurvan’s minions that should be killed before the Limit Break Level reaches 100. Always kill the “Execrated Wit” first.
- Comet (Execrated Wit): Circle AoEs on random areas of the arena.
- Meracydian Meteor (Execrated Wit): A strong room-wide AoE.
- Berserk (Execrated Will): Applies a stacking “Damage Up” buff.
- Hard Thrust (Execrated Will): A single-target attack that does moderate damage.
- Ahura Mazda: A room-wide ultimate AoE attack that deals damage based on the Limit Break Level. Kill the Execracted mobs before the bar reaches 100, or you will wipe.
Phase 5: Infinite Fire or Ice and Broken Seal
Infinite Fire or Ice > Tyrfing + Fire III > Broken Seal > Ciclicle > Southern Cross > Wave Cannon > Soar > Flaming Halberd > Demonic Dive > Infinite Fire or Ice > Metal Cutter > Southern Cross > Broken Seal > Biting Halberd > Tyrfing + Fire III > Tail End > Repeat until death.
- Infinite Fire or Infinite Ice: Random players will either get an “Infinite Fire” or “Infinite Ice” status effect. Remember your status effects to deal with “Broken Seal” properly.
- Tyrfing + Fire III: A five-hit tankbuster attack that adds an extra hit after every use. Afterward, the boss will use a point-blank AoE. Face the boss away from the party, then use mitigation skills and heal through the damage.
- Broken Seal: Several fire and ice meteors will drop from the sky. Players with the corresponding element should stand underneath where the meteors will drop.
Should a meteor remain unattended, it’ll explode into a room-wide AoE attack and apply stacking “Vulnerability Up” debuffs for 120 seconds.
- Infinite Anguish: If you stand underneath the wrong meteor circle for “Broken Seal,” you’ll get a 10-second “Infinite Anguish” DoT that can’t be dispelled.
Final Fantasy XIV
- Zurvan Normal Unlock & Trial Guide – FFXIV Containment Bay Z1T9 (Normal)