To unlock the Level 67 normal-difficulty trial Emanation, also known as Lakshmi NM, you need to accept the Level 67 MSQ “The Lady of the Bliss” from Vajra in The Fringes (X:28.1, Y:19.4).
This quest is part of the patch 4.0 Main Scenario Questline for the FFXIV Stormblood expansion.
Step-by-Step Unlock Guide
- Accept the Level 67 MSQ “The Lady of the Bliss” from Vajra in The Fringes (X:28.1, Y:19.4).
- Follow Vajra to The Fringes (X:31.6, Y:16.7).
- Attune to the aetheryte in Djanan Qhat at The Fringes (X:37.5, Y:15.4).
- Speak with Alisaie inside Lakshmi’s lair (X:6.1, Y:5.9).
Detailed Unlocking Guide
To begin unlocking this trial, you must complete every MSQ leading up to Level 67 MSQ “The Lady of the Bliss”. This includes every MSQ from the A Realm Reborn base game and the subsequent Heavensward expansion.
After you’ve done that, talk to Vajra in The Fringes (X:28.1, Y:19.4) to start the quest.
In this part of the main story, the Qalyana broodmother summoned the primal Sri Lakshmi after her daughter was murdered by Fordola.
As a show of their newfound strength, the Qalyana demand that the Vira pay tribute to their goddess. Follow Vajra to The Fringes (X:31.6, Y:16.7) to continue.
To enter Lakshmi’s domain, you must attune to the Aetheryte within Djanan Qhat.
So follow Vajra deeper into Qalyana territory at The Fringes (X:37.5, Y:15.4), then attune to the Aetheryte.
After doing so, a cutscene will be triggered. Watch it in its entirety to understand the Qalyana’s motives and the Scions’ response.
Once that’s done, talk to Alisaie inside Lakshmi’s lair at (X:6.1, Y:5.9) to unlock Emanation.
This trial requires at least a Level 67 Disciple of War or Magic job and has no item level requirement.
Trial Boss: Lakshmi
Emanation NM can be safely soloed with a high-level character if you enter the trial while unsynced. Use your Vril Bubbles during “Divine Denial” to avoid falling off and burn the boss down as quickly as possible.
However, if you’re doing the trial for the first time with a Level 67 character, you may need to do it through the Duty Finder.
Check out the trial mechanics below to help you clear this trial smoothly.
At the start of the fight, you’ll notice your duty action bar has a 1/1 stack of “Vril.”
Use this action to receive a shield that can mitigate incoming damage and allow you to survive two instakill mechanics:
- “Alluring Embrace” in Phase 1
- “Divine Denial” from Phase 2 onwards
Phase 1: Dreaming Kshatriya, Vril Bubbles, and Hand of Grace
Dreaming Kshatriya x2 > Stotram + Vril Bubbles > Hand of Grace > The Pull of Light > Hand of Beauty > Stotram + Vril Bubbles > Alluring Embrace.
- Dreaming Kshatriya: At the start of the fight, only two Qalyana mobs will be targetable. Kill them to remove the boss’ invulnerability.
- Vril (Dreaming Kshatriya): The Qalyanas will buff themselves with a “Vril” shield for 50 seconds.
- Inner Demons (Dreaming Kshatriya): A point-blank look-away attack that inflicts “Terror” for five seconds. Turn your character away from the Kshatriya to avoid the stun.
- Tail Slap (Dreaming Kshatriya): A non-telegraphed cleave. Face the Qalyanas away from the group.
- Stotram: A room-wide AoE attack. Mitigate and heal through the damage.
- Vril Bubbles: During “Stotram,” multiple Vril Bubbles will spawn that you can use to refresh your “Vril” stack. Stand on top of a bubble to refresh your Vril stack.
- Hand of Grace: Multiple players will be targeted with cross markers. Spread out to avoid overlapping damage. Leave a safe space behind the boss to give uptime to melee characters.
- The Pull of Light: The primary target will be marked with a red tankbuster attack. Shield and heal through the damage.
- Hand of Beauty: Targeted circle AoEs on multiple players. These AoEs will drop blue puddles that apply a constant “Bleeding” DoT to anyone standing inside. Drop the puddles on the opposite side of the arena.
- Alluring Embrace: The boss will stun everyone and use her room-wide ultimate attack. Use your Vril stack when the boss says “Rest your weary sssouls in my bosom” to survive the attack.
Phase 2: Chanchala and Divine Denial
Chanchala > Stotram > Divine Denial > Hand of Beauty > The Pull of Light > The Path of Light > Hand of Grace + The Pall of Light > Stotram + Vril > Divine Denial > Alluring Arm > The Pull of Light.
- Chanchala: The boss will buff itself with “Chanchala” to gain a darkened aura that increases her damage and unlocks new attacks.
- Divine Denial: The boss will move to the center and prepare a room-wide knockback attack. Use your Vril Bubble to reduce the knockback and mitigate the attack.
- Hand of Beauty (Phase 2 onwards): Starting from Phase 2, these puddles will expand outward twice. Drop the puddles on the opposite side of the arena.
- The Path of Light: The player 2nd in enmity (typically the off-tank) will receive a blue marker indicating a non-telegraphed frontal cone attack. If you’re marked, bait the AoE toward the boss’ flanks.
- The Pall of Light: A stack marker on a random player. Stand inside the marker to share incoming damage.
- Alluring Arm: “Hand of Grace” and “Hand of Beauty” will be used at the same time. Spread the cross markers out directly behind the boss and drop the blue puddles on the opposite side of the arena.
Phase 3: Repeating Mechanics
Chanchala > Hand of Grace + The Pall of Light > Stotram + Vril > Divine Denial > Alluring Arm + The Pall of Light > The Pull of Light > Alluring Arm > Stotram + Vril > The Pull of Light > Alluring Arm + The Path of Light > The Pall of Light > The Pull of Light > Repeat until death.
At this point, you’ve already seen all of the boss’ mechanics.
Continue using and refreshing your Vril Bubbles for “Divine Denial” and spread the AoEs out until the boss is dead.
- Lakshmi Triple Triad Card (not guaranteed)
Final Fantasy XIV
- FFXIV Emanation (Normal): How To Unlock + Trial Guide