The Morbol Mount is acquired by obtaining the Blue Mage Achievement “True Blue”. It’s claimed directly from your Achievements menu in FFXIV, so no need to hunt Jonathas down.
The “True Blue” Achievement itself is actually a combination of six other Achievements.
- “Mightier than the Dragon” from defeating Twintania in Turn 5 of The Binding Coil of Bahamut.
- “Mightier than the Raven” from defeating Nael van Darnus in Turn 9 of The Binding Coil of Bahamut.
- “Mightier than the Dreadwyrm” from toppling Bahamut in Turn 13 of his Binding Coil.
- “Mightier than the Manipulator” from defeating The Manipulator in Alexander – The Burden of the Father (Savage).
- “Mightier than Justice” from defeating Brute Justice in Alexander – The Burden of the Son (Savage).
- “Mightier than the Prime” from defeating Alexander Prime in The Soul of the Creator (Savage).
All duties must be completed with a full Party of Blue Mages synced, with Echo silenced, in order to count.
If you can’t tell yet, this is a relatively challenging undertaking.
Blues In The Binding Coil
Your first draconian task is to conquer the final bosses of every Turn in The Binding Coil of Bahamut: Twintania, Nael van Darnus, and Bahamut Prime.
It goes without saying that you’ll want your full arsenal of Blue Magic Spells at your disposal before attempting this.
Here’s the breakdown of the must-have Spells for the Blue Mage per Role:
- The Look – An AOE damage spell which generates enmity, paramount for keeping the Boss’s focus. (Amdapor Keep – Anantaboga)
- Devour – A single target attack which increases your maximum HP for 70s, effectively letting you take more damage. (The Binding Coil of Bahamut – Turn 1 – Caduceus)
- Cold Fog – A counter-type spell which gives access to a high damage instant-cast spell. (The Burn – Mist Dragon)
- Mighty Guard – Tank Stance which reduces damage taken and increases enmity generated. (Wayward Gaheel Ja, Ul’dah – Steps of Thal, X:12 Y:13 after learning 10 Blue Mage Spells)
- Diamondback – Reduces all incoming damage by 90% for 10s, but restricts movement. (The Stone Vigil (Hard) – Cuca Fera)
- Dragon Force – Reduces incoming damage by 40%. (Wayward Gaheel Ja, Ul’dah – Steps of Thal, X:12 Y:13 after learning 100 Blue Mage Spells)
- Chelonian Gate – 20% Damage Reduction with a large counterattack attached. (Hell’s Lid – Genbu)
- Pom Cure – A strong single target heal, expect to be focusing this spell on your assigned Tank. (Thornmarch (Hard) – Furryfoot Kupli Kipp)
- Strotam – A spell which changes to a large AOE heal when used under the Aetherial Mimicry Effect. (Emanation – Lakshmi)
- Angel’s Snack – A massive AOE heal and Regen on a two-minute cooldown. (Wayward Gaheel Ja, Ul’dah – Steps of Thal, X:12 Y:13 at Level 70)
- Gobskin – A Shield which can quickly be deployed to reduce incoming damage. (Alexander – The Breath of the Creator – Alexandrian Hider)
- Exuviation – An AOE heal which also removes negative status effects. (The Sea of Clouds, X:9 Y:17 – Abalathian Wamoura)
- Condensed Libra – Increases random “aspected” damage received by the target for 30s. (Great Gubal Library (Hard) – Mechanoscribe)
- Off-Guard – Increases damage received by the target for 15s. (Wayward Gaheel Ja, Ul’dah – Steps of Thal, X:12 Y:13 after learning 5 Blue Mage Spells)
- Sharpened Knife – A quick melee spell great for both damage and movement. (The Wanderer’s Palace – Tonberry King)
- Moon Flute – Increases damage by a massive 50% for 15s, but then disables actions for another 15s. (Wayward Gaheel Ja, Ul’dah – Steps of Thal, X:12 Y:13 after clearing 10 Stages in Masked Carnival)
- Tingle – A small AOE which increases your next physical attack. (The Sea of Clouds – Dhalmel)
- Triple Trident – The strongest physical Spell when paired with Tingle. (Yanxia, X:28 Y:6 – Ebisu Catfish)
- Matra Magic – Extremely strong with-fold Spell paired with Bristle. (Wayward Gaheel Ja, Ul’dah – Steps of Thal, X:12 Y:13 after learning 100 Blue Mage Spells)
- Rose of Destruction – A powerful single-target spell on a 30s cooldown. (The Temple of the Fist – Ivon Coeurlfist)
This isn’t a comprehensive list, but it’s a great start should you decide to start working towards your Malboro Mount.
Note that all Blue Mage Roles should be paired with “Aetherial Mimicry” (Pharos Sirius (Hard) – Ghrah Luminary) otherwise Spells will be ineffective.
Several strategies are available for tackling the Turns. The majority of mechanics that you’ll encounter are handled with ease due to how overpowered Blue Magic can be.
Try to familiarize yourself with the fights to avoid unnecessary hiccups in Party Finder.
Putting A Stop To Alexander’s Clock
While the Coils themselves presented a relatively gradient challenge, Alexander isn’t quite as lenient.
You must defeat the Savage versions of The Manipulator, Brute Justice, and Alexander Prime, all while synced without Echo.
You’ll want a dedicated party for these fights.
In addition, you will need to familiarize yourself with all mechanics, as they’re not separated by Role.
Manipulator is the easiest fight of this series. You can even attempt it with a 1 Tank, 2 Healer, and 5 DPS setup.
Alexander Prime is the second most difficult. Several mechanics in the encounter require exact positioning to resolve. Break “Temporal Stasis” down with diagrams to make it easier.
Brute Justice is by far the fight that makes this Mount so rare. Check guides and make sure your DPS know their openers and rotations.
Best of luck in your pursuit of the Morbol Mount!
Should you get it, know that you are in very limited company.