To unlock the Level 50 trial The Chrysalis, also known as the Nabriales trial, you need to accept the Level 50 Main Scenario Quest (MSQ) “An Uninvited Ascian” from Edelstein in Northern Thanalan (X:20.8, Y:22.1).
This MSQ is part of the patch 2.5 Main Scenario Questline for A Realm Reborn.
Step-by-Step Unlock Guide
- Accept the Level 50 MSQ “An Uninvited Ascian” from Edelstein in Northern Thanalan (X:20.8, Y:22.1).
- Speak with Moenbryda in Northern Thanalan (X:24.2, Y:21.7).
- Enter The Rising Stones in Mor Dhona (X:21.9. Y:8.7).
Detailed Unlocking Guide
“An Uninvited Ascian” is an MSQ from the patch 2.5 Main Scenario Questline of Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn. You need to clear every MSQ from previous patches before it can be unlocked.
So once you’ve caught up, talk to Edelstein in Northern Thanalan (X:20.8, Y:22.1) to begin.
Following the battle of Castrum Meridianum, Moenbryda decided to stay on the battlefield to conduct further investigations.
Edelstein will ask you to check on her status before continuing on your way. Meet Moenbryda near the site of the battle in Northern Thanalan (X:24.2, Y:21.7) to continue.
Upon talking to the Sharlayan scholar, a cutscene will occur.
As Moenbryda conducts her experiment, the Ascian Nabriales will appear and introduce himself and point out how you lost Hydaelyn’s blessing. Without the goddess’ blessing, Nabriales will exclaim that it’s “time to claim the staff” before disappearing.
After careful deliberation, Moenbryda realizes that the staff Nabriales was referring to was Archon Louiscoix’s Tupsimati displayed in The Rising Stones and that Minfilia is in grave danger.
Hurry back to The Rising Stones in Mor Dhona (X:21.9. Y:8.7).
When you enter The Rising Stones, a crucial cutscene will occur. Watch it until the end to understand how the situation unfolds (no spoilers here).
After the cutscene, The Chrysalis will be unlocked.
This trial requires at least a Level 50 Disciple of War or Magic job and an average item level of 90 to enter.
Trial Boss: Nabriales
You can easily solo The Chrysalis when you enter it unsynced with a high-level character.
However, if you’re new and want to experience the fight as intended, you can do it synced with a Level 50+ character.
Phase 1: End of Days + Dark IV
- Spark: A strong tankbuster attack on the primary target. Use mitigation skills and heal through the damage.
- Double or Triple: The boss will buff himself, causing his next “Spark” to be cast twice or thrice in a row. Perform a tank swap with the primary tank if needed.
- End of Days: The boss will teleport to a random area and cast a room-wide line attack that applies a 20-second “Suppuration” debuff. This debuff reduces a player’s maximum HP and increases the damage they take.
- Dark IV: The boss will become untargetable in the center and start casting “Dark IV,” a room-wide AoE attack. During the cast, red and black orbs will float toward him, increasing the damage of “Dark IV” for each orb he absorbs.
- Salas Burst (red orb) or Isten Burst (black orb): The red orbs apply a stacking “Magic Vulnerability Up” debuff while the black orbs apply a stacking “Physical Vulnerability Up” debuff. Popping an orb will cause a small point-blank explosion around the orb.
To handle this mechanic, all players should pop alternating orbs around the arena to reduce the incoming AoE damage. Touching two consecutive orbs of the same color will result in a knockback.
- Quake III: A room-wide AoE attack. Mitigate and heal through the damage.
Phase 2: Meteors + Repeating Mechanics
When the boss’ HP drops below 25%, Phase 2 will begin.
The boss will become invincible and create a temporary arena that players need to escape from. After dealing with the meteors, the fight will resume from Phase 1 until the boss is down.
- Blight: A room-wide AoE attack that applies a 16-second “Blight” DoT on everyone. During this time, the boss will become untargetable and begin to transform the arena. An aetherial tear will also appear in the center, pulling players toward it to the next area.
- Extend: This skill extends players’ buffs by ten times. Use your mitigation skills and damage buffs before you get sucked in the aetherial tear to take advantage of this.
- Meteors: Meteors will fall onto specific spots around the arena. At least one player needs to stand inside a spot to reduce the incoming room-wide AoE damage. Have the tanks handle the center meteor.
- Aetherial Tear: Once a meteor crashes into its spot, an “Aetherial Tear” will appear. Destroy a tear to go back to the original arena. You only need to destroy one to escape. Use your DPS limit breaks if your team struggles to kill one in time.