You can unlock the Level 50 Normal-difficulty dungeon The Wanderer’s Palace by accepting the Level 50 quest “Trauma Queen” from Allene in Western Thanalan (X:11.4, Y:13.9).
“Trauma Queen” requires you to have a Level 50 Disciple of War or Magic job and to finish the Level 46 Main Scenario Quest (MSQ) “The Black Wolf’s Ultimatum.”
Let’s check out the requirements more in detail below.
Step-by-Step Unlocking Guide
- Complete the Level 46 Main Scenario Quest (MSQ) “The Black Wolf’s Ultimatum” from Minfilia Warde in Ul’dah – Steps of Nald (X:10.3, Y:11.2).
- Reach Level 50 and accept the Level 50 quest “Trauma Queen” from Allene in Western Thanalan (X:11.4, Y:13.9).
- Talk to Abazi Charazi outside the palace’s entrance in Upper La Noscea (X:25.6, Y:23.0).
Detailed Unlocking Guide
Before “Trauma Queen” becomes available with Allene, you need to finish the Level 46 Main Scenario Quest (MSQ) “The Black Wolf’s Ultimatum” from Minfilia Warde in Ul’dah – Steps of Nald (X:10.3, Y:11.2).
This MSQ is deep into the patch 2.0 Main Scenario Questline, so you’ll need to finish every MSQ leading up to “The Black Wolf’s Ultimatum” before it can be unlocked.
You may also choose to finish the main questline until “The Ultimate Weapon” before unlocking The Wanderer’s Palace if you’re interested with the main story.
Once you’ve finished the required MSQ and you’re ready to continue, meet Allene outside the Waking Sands in Western Thanalan (X:11.4, Y:13.9) to accept the quest.
Upon talking to Allene, she’ll tell you a story about the time she almost died in The Wanderer’s Palace. The Calamity brought by the dragon Bahamut apparently drained nearly half the water from the Bronze Lake in Upper La Noscea, revealing an ancient temple of Oschon the Wanderer.
Allene and her mate entered the temple and saw unimaginable treasure that will make any adventurer itching to go in.
Lucky for you, Allene will tell you the location in case the story piques your interest.
Head to Upper La Noscea (X:25.6, Y:23.0) and talk to one of her old companions, Abazi Charazi, to continue.
You’ll learn from Abazi that Allene may have been keeping some details from you during your conversation.
Seven of them entered the palace during their expedition but only Allene and Abazi made it out after tonberries attacked their party.
Abazi thinks that Allene sends adventurers to the palace in hopes of finding her mate alive, luring them with false promises of treasures stored within.
Whichever the case may be, you’ll get to find out for yourself. The Wanderer’s Palace will be unlocked after talking to Abazi Charazi.
This dungeon requires at least a Level 50 Disciple of War or Magic job and an average item level of 45 to enter. The Wanderer’s Palace can be easily soloed on your own while unsynced, but you’ll need to know its mechanics in case you encounter this dungeon in your duty roulettes.
Boss #1: Keeper of Halidom
- Beatdown: A non-telegraphed tankbuster on the primary target.
- Moldy Sneeze: A non-telegraphed frontal cone attack that applies a “Reduced Immunity” debuff for 30 seconds. This debuff lowers the healing received by the affected player. Dispel the debuff as soon as possible.
- Moldy Phlegm: The boss will target a random player with a circle AoE that applies “Reduced Immunity” for 30 seconds. Move out of the AoE or dispel the debuff.
- Inhale: A telegraphed frontal cone attack that pulls players toward the boss.
- Goobbue’s Grief: Immediately after “Inhale” the boss will use a non-telegraphed AoE around him that applies a 15-second “Poison” debuff. Move out of the initial “Inhale” AoE or dispel the debuff afterward.
- 4 Allagan Tomestone of Poetics
|Mercenary’s Mitts||Hands||Dungeon (Green)|
|Sipahi Gloves||Hands||Dungeon (Green)|
|Warlock’s Ringbands||Hands||Dungeon (Green)|
|Mercenary’s Pot Helm||Head||Dungeon (Green)|
|Sipahi Turban||Head||Dungeon (Green)|
|Vermilion Chain Coif||Head||Dungeon (Green)|
|Warlock’s Hat||Head||Dungeon (Green)|
Boss #2: Giant Bavarois
- Fire: A targeted attack on the primary target that deals moderate damage.
- Bavarois mobs: The boss will summon different-colored bavarois mobs starting at 90% HP. Kill these mobs before burning down the boss.
- White Bavarois: Casts a single-target “Blizzard” attack that applies a 60-second “Heavy” debuff on its target. Dispel the debuff.
- Green Bavarois: Casts a single-target “Windburn” attack that applies a 60-second “Windburn” DoT on its target. This DoT is also dispellable.
- Purple Bavarois: Casts a single-target “Thunder” attack that applies a 30-second “Paralysis” debuff on its target. Definitely the most annoying debuff out of the three, so dispel this as soon as possible.
- Amorphic Flail: A non-telegraphed point-blank AoE used by all bavarois. Move away from melee range once the boss starts casting.
- “The giant bavarois’s eyes focus on a single target.”: Whenever this prompt appears, a random player will be marked with an orange Marker, causing the boss to chase them around. Bait the boss around the arena.
- Blue Bavarois: This variant is summoned at around 50% HP and casts “Cure.” Kill this bavarois first.
- 6 Allagan Tomestone of Poetics
|Alpine War Jacket||Body||Dungeon (Green)|
|Mercenary’s Acton||Body||Dungeon (Green)|
|Sipahi Shirt||Body||Dungeon (Green)|
|Vermilion Haubergeon||Body||Dungeon (Green)|
|Warlock’s Robe||Body||Dungeon (Green)|
|Mercenary’s Slops||Legs||Dungeon (Green)|
|Sipahi Sarouel||Legs||Dungeon (Green)|
|Vermilion Skirt||Legs||Dungeon (Green)|
|Warlock’s Tights||Legs||Dungeon (Green)|
Boss #3: Tonberry King
- Lateral Slash: A tankbuster attack on the primary target.
- Whetstone: The boss will buff “Lateral Slash,” turning it to “Sharpened Knife” on its next use.
- Sharpened Knife: A stronger tankbuster. Mitigate and heal through this attack.
- Tonberry: Small tonberry mobs will slowly move toward the center. Kill them before they reach the boss, or they’ll start attacking random players after using “Rancor Release.”
- Rancor Release (Tonberry): When the tonberries reach the boss or die, they’ll use “Rancor Release.” This attack gives the boss a stacking “Rancor” buff that increases the damage of its heavy-hitting attack, “Everyone’s Grudge.” You don’t want to kill too many tonberries before the boss uses “Everyone’s Grudge” because it can quickly melt your tank.
To handle this mechanic, kill 3-4 tonberries, then wait for the boss to use “Everyone’s Grudge” before killing more tonberries.
- Scourge of Nym: An instant ranged attack that applies a 14-second “Heavy” debuff on its target if the player is too far away. Have everyone stay in the center to avoid this attack altogether. This attack can be used by both the boss and its mobs.
- Everyone’s Grudge: A heavy-hitting tankbuster that deals damage based on the boss’ “Rancor” buff stacks. Mitigate and heal through the damage. The buff will be reset after the boss uses this attack.
- Tonberry Slasher: At around 25%, tonberry slashers will spawn around the arena and slowly move toward the center. These slashers act as a mini DPS-check because they can easily wipe the party once they reach the center. Kill the boss before the slashers reach the center.
- 10 Allagan Tomestone of Poetics
- Tonberry Triple Triad Card (not guaranteed)
|Darklight Grimoire||Book||Dungeon (Green)|
|Darklight Composite Bow||Bow||Dungeon (Green)|
|Darklight Kple Kple||Cane||Dungeon (Green)|
|Darklight Baselards||Daggers||Dungeon (Green)|
|Mercenary’s Leggings||Feet||Dungeon (Green)|
|Sipahi Crakows||Feet||Dungeon (Green)|
|Vermilion Sollerets||Feet||Dungeon (Green)|
|Warlock’s Pattens||Feet||Dungeon (Green)|
|Darklight Arquebus||Firearms||Dungeon (Green)|
|Darklight Baghnakhs||Fist Weapon||Dungeon (Green)|
|Darklight Bill||Greataxe||Dungeon (Green)|
|Darklight Greatsword||Greatsword||Dungeon (Green)|
|Paladin’s Darklight Arms (IL 55)||Other||Dungeon (Green)|
|Darklight Harpoon||Polearm||Dungeon (Green)|
|Darklight Square Shield||Shield||Dungeon (Green)|
|Darklight Staff||Staff||Dungeon (Green)|
|Darklight Planisphere||Star Globe||Dungeon (Green)|
Extra Treasure Coffers
Apart from the boss rewards, there are four treasure coffers located throughout the dungeon that you can open for more gear, crafting material, minion, and orchestrion roll rewards. Here are their locations:
- (X:13.3, Y:16.5)
- (X:10.5, Y:8.1)
- (X:13.6, Y:8.1)
- (X:11.9, Y:4.8)