The Level 50 trial Urth’s Fount can be unlocked by accepting the Level 50 quest “Fear and Odin in the Shroud” from Scarlet in New Gridania (X:9.9, Y:11.4). You will also need to finish four quests in the Odin questline before getting access Urth’s Fount.
And before all of this, you’ll first need to complete the main story for patch 2.0 of A Realm Reborn.
In this guide we’ll cover how to unlock the trial, along with the full battle mechanics to help you win.
Step-by-Step Unlock Guide
- Complete the Level 50 Main Scenario Quest (MSQ) “The Ultimate Weapon” from Raubahn in Northern Thanalan (X:15.0, Y:16.0).
- Complete the Level 46 introductory quests for the Odin questline, starting with “Primal Fear” from Urianger in The Waking Sands (X:6.0, Y:4.9).
- Accept the Level 50 quest “Fear and Odin in the Shroud” from Scarlet in New Gridania (X:9.9, Y:11.4).
- Speak with O-App-Pesi outside Urth’s Fount in South Shroud (X:33.7, Y:23.1).
Detailed Unlocking Guide
Urth’s Fount is an endgame trial from A Realm Reborn, and it can only be unlocked after completing the final MSQ of patch 2.0, “The Ultimate Weapon,” from Raubahn in Northern Thanalan (X:15.0, Y:16.0).
So once that’s done, talk to Urianger in The Waking Sands (X:6.0, Y:4.9) to begin the Odin questline.
The Odin questline has five quests you need to do before you can fight the Dark Divinity, ending with “Fear and Odin in the Shroud.” Complete the following prerequisites to unlock the final quest:
- “Primal Fear” from Urianger in The Waking Sands (X:6.0, Y:4.9)
- “Who Was That Man in Black” from Lewin in Seat of the First Bow (X:3.5, Y:3.4)
- “The Dark Divinity” from Lewin in Seat of the First Bow (X:3.5, Y:3.4)
- “All You Wanted to Know about Odin” from Simmie in South Shroud (X:25.6, Y:21.0)
Once you’re done catching up, talk to Serpent Lieutenant Scarlet in New Gridania (X:9.9, Y:11.4) and accept the Level 50 quest “Fear and Odin in the Shroud.”
At this point in the story, The Order of the Twin Adder plans to rid the forest of the elder primal for good, who has been siphoning the aether surrounding the Black Shroud.
Scarlet will have you visit O-App-Pesi outside the Dark Divinity’s lair so he can explain the situation in more detail.
Visit the Padjal conjurer in South Shroud (X:33.7, Y:23.1) to continue.
Upon arriving, O-App-Pesi will explain Odin’s peculiar nature.
Throughout Odin’s stay in the Shroud, countless adventurers have already encountered and defeated him, yet the elder primal continues to return. O-App-Pesi believes that seeing the moment of Odin’s defeat will provide more insights into how the primal can be dealt with for good.
He will ask for your help with defeating the primal while he and E-Sumi-Yan, master of the conjurer’s guild, observe from afar.
After your conversation with the conjurer, Urth’s Fount will be unlocked. This trial requires at least a Level 50 Disciple of War or Magic job and an average item level of 95 to enter.
Trial Boss: Odin
Due to Urth’s Fount being an old trial, it can easily be soloed with a high-level character if you enter the fight while unsynced. You’ll only need to be careful of the “Valknut” AoE as it deals percentage-based damage.
However, if you want to do the fight as intended, you can enter it synced with seven other people.
While this trial isn’t classified as an Extreme trial, its difficulty is on par with the Extreme trials in A Realm Reborn. The fight has a hard enrage at six minutes.
Phase 1: Hall of Lead and Hall of Stone
Before starting the fight, mark three adjacent areas near the edges of the arena to handle “Gungnir” easily in Phase 2. This phase will end once the boss’ HP drops under 60%.
- Valknut: A point-blank AoE around the boss that hits for 60% of your total HP. Avoid at all costs.
- Sanngetall: A hard-hitting tankbuster attack on the primary target. Pop your mitigation skills and heal through the attack. You can also tank-swap before the cast goes off if necessary.
- Hall of Sorrow: A room-wide AoE attack. Shield and heal through the damage.
- Hall of Lead: Three players (except the main tank) will be targeted with unavoidable AoEs that apply a 10-second “Slow” debuff. Spread out to avoid overlapping damage and dispel the debuff.
- Hall of Stone: Three players (except the main tank) will be marked with large circle AoEs that apply a 6-second “Petrify” debuff. This debuff can’t be dispelled.
- Gagnrath: The boss will throw a spear into the air. Then, spears will appear around the arena that will spawn line AoEs. Once the boss’ animation starts, look for the spears outside to avoid incoming attacks.
Phase 2: Gungnir, Shin-Zantetsuken, and Repeated Mechanics
All of the mechanics from Phase 1 will be repeated and target more players.
- Einherjar: A stronger room-wide AoE that applies a 30-second “Bleed” DoT. Heal through the attack and dispel the DoT.
- Gungnir: Three players will be marked with large AoEs. Once they drop, “Gungnir” mobs will spawn, each applying non-dispellable “Bleed” DoTs. To handle this mechanic, have the affected players move to the three marked areas from the beginning of the fight to avoid overlap. Then, destroy the mobs that spawn.
- Shin-Zantetsuken: When the boss’ HP drops under 15% (or the fight reaches the 6-minute mark), the boss will cast his ultimate attack. Focus on dealing damage until the boss dies, or your party will wipe.
- Odin Triple Triad Card (not guaranteed)
|Dark Divinity Herklaedi||Body||Green (Primal Gear)|
|Dark Divinity Feldr||Body||Green (Primal Gear)|
|Dark Divinity Skor||Feet||Green (Primal Gear)|
|Dark Divinity Hanzkar||Hands||Green (Primal Gear)|
|Dark Divinity Hjalmr||Head||Green (Primal Gear)|
|Dark Divinity Auga||Head||Green (Primal Gear)|
|Dark Divinity Brok||Legs||Green (Primal Gear)|
|Dark Divinity Spjarrar||Legs||Green (Primal Gear)|
|Faded Copy of The Corpse Hall||Orchestrion Roll||Basic|