TM11 Sunny Day can only be bought in the Mistralton Pokémon Center at the desk where TMs are sold.
Mistralton’s PokéCenter is just north of the entrance to the city. But to reach Mistralton City, you’ll first need to defeat Gym Leader Clay in Driftveil City and also make it through Chargestone Cave.
In Pokémon Black and White, Poké Marts are no longer a separate building and are instead included inside Pokémon Centers. The desk where items are sold can be found to the right of the Center’s entrance.
TM11 Sunny Day Location
Step 1: Starting at the entrance to Mistralton City, head northeast and enter the Pokémon Center.
Step 2: Speak to the clerk closest to the entrance to buy TM11 Sunny Day.
Along with TM11 Sunny Day, the clerk also sells the following TMs:
|TM18 Rain Dance||50,000|
Sunny Day Details + Uses
TM11 Sunny Day is a Weather move that changes the condition of battle.
When Sunny Day is used, the base power of Fire-type moves is increased by 50%, while the base power of Water-type moves is decreased by 50%.
|Sunny Day Move Details|
Here are some key points of interest regarding Sunny Day:
- Using TM11 Sunny Day creates sunny conditions. This event lasts 5 turns or until another type of Weather move is used.
- Sunny Day is a considerable damage modifier. Fire-type moves are boosted by 50% power, while Water-type moves are nerfed 50%.
- Certain abilities benefit from Sunny Day.
- Pokémon with the Flower Gift Ability will increase their team’s Attack and Special Defense by 50%.
- Pokémon with the Chlorophyll ability will have their Speed doubled.
- Pokémon with the Solar Power ability will receive a 50% boost in Special Attack, but lose ⅛ HP each turn.
- Sunny Day will last 8 turns (increased from 5) if the user is also holding a Heat Rock. Fire-type Pokémon will benefit for much longer in battle.
- Solar Beam won’t require a charge. Although it’s a grass move, Solar Beam can be used in the same turn in sunny conditions.
- Sunny Day will fail if used in extreme weather conditions. These conditions include heavy rain, extremely harsh sunlight, or strong winds.
- Sunny Day can be used to combat powerful opponent moves. Both Hurricane and Thunder will have their accuracy cut in-half when used in sunny conditions.
If you’re running a Fire-type team, Sunny Day is a worthwhile purchase.
You could pair the move with a pure Fire-type Pokémon like Darmanitan who learns powerful attacks like Flare Blitz and Overheat. Darmanitan can also be taught Solar Beam, which is unstoppable in sunny conditions.
Another popular pairing with Sunny Day is the Pokémon Lilligant, due to its Chlorophyll ability, which doubles its Speed stat in sunny conditions.
Note: Keep in mind that Lilligant does learn Sunny Day at level 40, eliminating the need to buy the move beyond the late-game areas of your journey.
- Where To Get TM11 Sunny Day in Pokémon Black & White