|TM11 Sunny Day
|Safari Zone – In Area 2 in a small patch of tall grass next to a body of water
TM11 Sunny Day can be found in Area 2 of the Safari Zone. It’s located on the ground in a strip of tall grass next to a small body of water in the center of the area.
There are no special requirements needed to enter the Safari Zone, so you can pick up this TM as soon as you reach Fuchsia City. But this is also the only copy of TM11 in the game, so the only way to obtain more copies is via trading.
TM11 Sunny Day Location (Step-by-Step)
Step 1: Starting from the Fuchsia City Pokémon Center, hop over the ledge and head north.
Step 2: Ahead at the very northern end of town is where you’ll find the Safari Zone.
You can either go straight north and go through cuttable trees along the way, or you can wrap around to the right and head up & around to reach the entrance.
Step 3: Either way, enter the building and pay the $500 Poké Dollars required to get into the Safari Zone.
Step 4: Once you’re inside the Safari Zone’s first area, head northeast above the nearby house.
Step 5: Keep northeast through the tall grass and walk towards the dirt path in the very top-right corner of this area.
Step 6: Take this dirt path and you’ll enter the second area of the Safari Zone.
Step 7: Now in Area 2, continue walking east past the sign.
Step 8: Keep east through the tall grass, walking alongside the bushes.
Step 9: Just ahead is an elevated rock platform.
Head up the small stairs, then turn towards the left and go down the next set of stairs nearby.
Step 10: From the bottom of the stairs, head north and look for a small strip of tall grass on your right surrounded by water.
Step 11: TM11 Sunny Day will be found at the end of this strip of land.
TM11 Sunny Day Details + Uses
|Sunny Day Move Details
Sunny Day is a Fire-type move that serves many different purposes in-game.
It’s most commonly used to boost a Fire-type team, but this move can also be deployed to counter an opponent’s Water Pokémon. Unfortunately you’ll get this TM long after Misty’s gym, but it can still have a lot of value in your playthrough.
Here are some quick tips about how you can use Sunny Day in FireRed & LeafGreen:
- Using TM11 Sunny Day creates sunny conditions in battle. This weather lasts 5 turns or until another type of weather condition is introduced.
- Sunny Day modifies damage in a big way. Fire-type moves are boosted by 50% power, while Water-type moves are reduced by 50%.
- Certain abilities benefit from Sunny Day weather conditions.
- Pokémon with the Flower Gift Ability will increase their team’s Attack and Special Defense by 50%.
- Pokémon with the Chlorophyll ability will have their Speed doubled.
- Pokémon with the Solar Power ability will receive a 50% boost in Special Attack, but lose 1/8th HP each turn.
- SolarBeam won’t require a charging turn during sunny weather. With Sunny Day affecting the weather, SolarBeam can be used the same turn without a charge turn.
In FireRed & LeafGreen, only Magmar can learn Sunny Day via level-up. So grabbing TM11 is a must if you’d like to boost the power of your Fire-type attackers.
Plenty of Fire-type Pokémon are eligible to learn Sunny Day via TM though – including Charizard, Arcanine, Ninetails, and Rapidash.