You’ll get Diancie’s Mega Stone (Diancite) when you enter any Pokémon Center with a Diancie in your party. But since there are no current events that would allow you to acquire a Diancie, you’ll need to use cheats or acquire one by trading with someone else.
After a brief cutscene in the Pokémon Center, an NPC will give you the Mega Stone.
Diancite Location (Step-by-Step)
The only requirement to obtain the Diancite is to have a Diancie in your current party.
However, it’s worth noting that there aren’t any current distribution events for Diancie, making it impossible to obtain one legally. Unless you can find someone willing to trade you a Diancie, you won’t be able to obtain the Diancite (other than using cheats).
But here’s a quick step-by-step of how the Diancie Mega Stone cutscene goes:
Step 1: If you already have Diancie in your party, enter any Pokémon Center to trigger the event.
If you still need to withdraw your Diancie from the PC, simply withdraw it, then leave and re-enter the Pokémon Center to start the event.
Step 2: Upon entering the Pokémon Center, a Black Belt and a Gentleman NPC will attempt to persuade you to give them your Diancie.
Regardless of your response, a child will then arrive and present you with the Diancite.
Is Mega Diancie Worth Using?
Even as a Mythical Pokémon, Diancie isn’t all that great in competitive battles. However, Mega Diancie fixes its flaws and turns into an outstanding Mega Evolution that is definitely worth utilizing.
With impressive stats across the board, this Pokémon can excel in a wide range of roles. However, it truly shines as an offensive sweeper. Its signature move, Diamond Storm, is phenomenal for both dealing damage and increasing your Defense stat.
Mega Diancie’s new ability is Magic Bounce, which makes it immune to most status moves that target it, reflecting those moves back to the original user.
So if you can get a Diancie into your OR/AS save file & if you’d like to then use Mega Diancie, here’s a few things to consider:
- Mega Diancie is an excellent mixed sweeper. With an Attack and Special Attack stat both reaching 160, it’s able to use both Physical and Special moves effectively. Its high base Speed also allows it to sweep effectively.
- Mega Diancie has solid bulk and excellent defensive typing. Even for an attacker, both defenses are high enough to tank some hits. Its unique typing gives it several resistances and an immunity to Dragon-types.
- Magic Bounce protects it from status moves. This ability protects you from opponents who use status moves like Spore, Will-O-Wisp, or even entry hazards like Stealth Rock.
- Diamond Storm also makes you harder to take down. Diancie’s signature move, Diamond Storm deals massive damage and has a 50% chance to increase your Defense stat by two stages.
- Learns great set-up moves such as Calm Mind and Rock Polish. Calm Mind makes it easier to take down tanks, while Rock Polish makes it hard for other Pokémon to outspeed you.
- Loses Defenses upon Mega Evolution. When it Mega Evolves, it loses 40 base Defense and Special Defense, making it less bulky. However, the lost stats are redistributed to other stats, so it may not be as detrimental.
- Usually forced to run Protect. Because of its low base Speed before Mega Evolution, it’s necessary to give up a moveslot for Protect to make sure you’re not outsped by threats before you’re able to Mega Evolve.
- Often walled by Steel-types. Taking down tanky Steel-types could be challenging if you don’t use Calm Mind. However, you can improve your chances by learning Earth Power and Hidden Power (Fire) to deal with this issue.