You can obtain Gardevoir’s Mega Stone (Gardevoirite) by talking to Wally’s cousin Wanda in her house in Verdanturf Town. Her house is located directly southwest of the town’s Pokémon Center.
However, she will only give you the Gardevoirite after you defeat/catch Kyogre or Groudon in the Cave of Origin.
You will also need to use Rock Smash in Rusturf Tunnel to let Wanda and her boyfriend reconnect — then she will return to her house where she’ll give you the Mega Stone.
Gardevoirite Location (Step-by-Step)
Most Mega Stones, including Gardevoir’s Mega Stone, are only obtainable after you defeat/catch Kyogre or Groudon in Sootopolis City; more specifically, in the Cave of Origin. This event occurs right before you can challenge the eighth and final Gym.
So once you’ve done that, you can fly to Verdanturf Town and pick up your Gardevoirite.
Here’s a step-by-step guide on how to find Wanda and get your Mega Stone.
Step 1: Start by heading southwest from the town’s Pokémon Center.
Step 2: After passing the Camper boy NPC, enter the house directly to his left.
Step 3: Inside the house, you’ll find Wanda in the room on the right wearing a blue top and a white skirt. Talk to her and she will give you the Gardevoirite.
Is Mega Gardevoir Worth Using?
Mega Gardevoir is a formidable wallbreaker and is absolutely worth using. Although it has poor physical bulk, Mega Gardevoir excels in other areas.
With a high Special Attack, impressive Special Defense, and above-average Speed, Mega Gardevoir utilizes a diverse movepool to effectively handle various threats.
Mega Gardevoir’s new ability is Pixilate, which converts Normal-type moves to Fairy-type moves. Additionally, Pixilate boosts those moves’ damage by 30%.
If you’re considering using Mega Gardevoir in your team then we’ve listed out some of the pros & cons to consider:
- Top-tier wallbreaker. Mega Gardevoir’s high base Special Attack of 165, powerful STAB moves, and coverage options like Psyshock and Focus Blast make it one of the best special wallbreakers in competitive battles.
- Pixilate-boosted Hyper Voice is powerful. Thanks to STAB (Same-Type Attack Bonus) and Mega Gardevoir’s ability, this move becomes incredibly powerful. It’s capable of 2HKO-ing almost any Pokémon that doesn’t resist it. Plus it can bypass Substitute.
- Access to Will-O-Wisp. This allows Mega Gardevoir to halve the Attack of its opponents, helping it handle physical attackers more effectively and compensating for its low physical bulk.
- Poor physical bulk. With a base HP of 68 and Defense of 65 that remains unchanged after Mega Evolution, it’s vulnerable to most common physical attackers.
- Low Speed even prior to Mega Evolution. Mega Gardevoir is easily outsped by many notable attackers, making it an easy target for physical sweepers.
- How To Get the Gardevoirite in Pokémon ORAS