You can acquire Lucario’s Mega Stone (Lucarionite) from an NPC after winning any Master Rank Pokémon Contest where Lisia is one of your competitors.
However, Lisia will only participate in Pokémon Contests once you’ve secured victories in all five Pokémon Contest categories at the Master Rank level.
So this is one of the more lengthy Mega Stones to unlock, and will require a lot of play time in contests.
How Contests Work (Quick Guide)
In Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire, Pokémon Contest Spectaculars are revamped versions of the Pokémon Contests that were found in the original Pokémon Ruby, Sapphire, and Emerald.
Contests take place in Pokémon Contest Spectacular Halls. These are located in:
- Slateport City
- Verdanturf Town
- Fallarbor Town
- Lilycove City
The following map highlights all the Contest Halls throughout the Hoenn region:
Pokémon Contests are divided into five types:
Each of these types has four categories: Normal, Super, Hyper, and Master.
To win a contest, you must accumulate the most points in the respective category, which requires the right combination of moves and maxed-out contest stats. You can achieve maxed out stats through feeding your Pokémon Pokéblocks.
Tip: After participating in your first Pokémon Contest, you’ll get a special Cosplay Pikachu from an NPC. This unique Pikachu can help you win Pokémon Contests easier, as it has specific costumes and a signature move for each contest category.
So if you plan ahead, you can pick the right costume and matching moves for Cosplay Pikachu to boost your chances of winning higher-ranked contests.
|Cosplay Pikachu||Contest Category||Signature Move|
|Pikachu Rock Star||Coolness||Meteor Mash|
|Pikachu Belle||Beauty||Icicle Crash|
|Pikachu Pop Star||Cuteness||Draining Kiss|
|Pikachu, Ph.D.||Cleverness||Electric Terrain|
|Pikachu Libre||Toughness||Flying Press|
Unlike in the original RSE games, every rank of each contest can now be accessed in any of the Contest Halls, instead of being limited to specific locations.
So when you’re ready to participate, simply fly to any town or city that has a Contest Hall.
Getting the Lucarionite
Regardless of which city you visit, all Contest Halls will look quite similar, as shown in the image below.
Enter any Contest Hall and walk up the hallway to the north.
If it’s your first time here, a short cutscene will play involving the famous Contest Idol Lisia.
Afterward, talk to the attendant in the middle of the service desk to enter a contest.
Select a Pokémon to participate with, and then choose the category and contest rank you’d like to join.
If you place first in the Pokémon Contest, you’ll unlock the next rank in that particular category, up to Master Rank.
Repeat this process until you win the Master Rank for all five contest categories (Coolness, Beauty, Cuteness, Cleverness, and Toughness).
It will take some time to win all five Master Rank Contests, so you’ll have to be a bit patient here.
But once you’ve accomplished that, just participate in any Master Rank Contest of any category and keep entering until you encounter and defeat Lisia and her Altaria named “Ali”.
After placing first in the contest where you defeat Lisia, another short cutscene will play in the Contest Hall’s green room. This cutscene involves Chaz, Lisia’s rival.
After the cutscene, Chaz will give you a couple of items, including the Lucarionite.
Is Mega Lucario Worth Using?
Mega Lucario is certainly worth using. It’s one of the most powerful offensive Mega Evolutions in competitive battles for OR/AS.
Its impressive Fighting/Steel typing, high base Speed, and exceptional damage output due to Adaptability allow it to wreak havoc on stall teams, and it can act as an excellent revenge killer.
However, its subpar bulk means it can’t switch into most attacks. This somewhat limits its potential as a consistent offensive presence.
Mega Lucario’s new ability is Adaptability, which increases the STAB multiplier from 1.5x to 2x, further increasing the damage from its Fighting- and Steel-type moves.
If you want to use Mega Lucario on your team, consider the following pros & cons:
- Impressive offensive capabilities. With its high offensive stats and its ability Adaptability, Mega Lucario can dismantle stall teams and act as a potent offensive sweeper, especially when using Swords Dance.
- Diverse STAB movepool. Lucario is capable of running physical, special, or mixed sets, taking advantage of its high Attack and Special Attack stats. It also has access to multiple powerful STAB moves, such as: Close Combat and Focus Blast for Fighting, and Iron Tail and Flash Cannon for Steel.
- Powerful priority moves. Mega Lucario’s access to moves like Extreme Speed and Bullet Punch helps it avoid being revenge killed by faster opponents or priority users. Furthermore, it can also utilize Vacuum Wave, a special priority move, if running a special attack or mixed set.
- Lackluster bulk. Despite its good defensive typing, Mega Lucario’s mediocre bulk means it struggles to switch into attacks and is easily threatened by faster opponents.
- Struggles against faster and more offensive teams. While Mega Lucario excels against stall teams, it has a harder time finding setup opportunities against offensive and faster teams that can consistently apply pressure.
- How To Get the Lucarionite in Pokémon ORAS