You can find Sableye’s Mega Stone (Sablenite) on the ground southeast from the entrance to Cave of Origin. You can pick it up by heading east and crossing the bridge from the giant tree located in the central island of the city.
Just remember to bring a Pokémon that knows HM03 Surf with you to traverse Sootopolis City.
Sablenite Location (Step-by-Step)
Sootopolis is a city entirely built around a giant crater on the east side of Hoenn. When you first get there, you won’t be able to fully explore the city until you finish the story event involving Kyogre/Groudon (depending on which version you’re playing) in the Cave of Origin.
Once that part of the story is completed, you can now freely explore the rest of the city.
So here are the prerequisites you’ll need to complete before obtaining the Sablenite:
- Complete the story event taking place at the Cave of Origin, located in Sootopolis City
- Bring a Pokémon in your party that knows HM03 Surf
Once you’re ready, fly over to Sootopolis City’s Pokémon Center to get started.
Step 1: Begin by heading south and descending the nearby staircase from the PokéCenter.
Step 2: When you’ve reached the water’s edge on the left-hand side, use Surf to cross to the city’s west side.
Step 3: Keep surfing west on the water, going past the Sootopolis Gym.
Step 4: Once you land near the female NPC on the other side, go up the stairs and follow the path to the right.
Step 5: As you reach the end of the dirt path, climb up the stairs near the pine tree.
Step 6: After ascending the first set of stairs, go up the next set of stairs up ahead on the left.
Step 7: Then follow the linear path to your right to go up another set of stairs, then go down a separate set of stairs.
Step 8: As you pass by an NPC wearing a beige shirt, continue down by descending the next set of stairs (also to the right).
Step 9: After descending the stairs, head south and then go down one last set of stairs that lead onto a bridge.
When you do that, the game should briefly load the next zone.
Step 10: After going down the stairs, cross the bridge to the central island of Sootopolis City, where a giant tree stands.
Step 11: After passing the giant tree, keep moving right and cross the subsequent bridge heading east.
Step 12: After crossing the bridge, head straight down and pick up the sparkling item on the ground in the corner to obtain the Sablenite.
Is Mega Sableye Worth Using?
Despite having the lowest base stat total of any Mega-Evolved Pokémon, Mega Sableye is still definitely worth using. In fact, it’s one of the most useful Mega Pokémon in Omega Ruby/Alpha Sapphire.
It truly excels in stall teams because it possesses all the qualities desired in its role, such as excellent defensive typing, solid defenses, and an incredibly diverse movepool.
However, it does have a couple of drawbacks – such as its low base Speed and HP.
Tip: Mega Sableye’s new ability is Magic Bounce, which makes Mega Sableye immune to most status moves that target it, and then it will reflect those moves to the original user.
If you want to use Mega Sableye on your team then consider the following pros & cons:
- Impressive defensive stats and typing. Both of Mega Sableye’s defenses are really high, compensating for its low base HP. Also, its three immunities and single weakness to Fairy-types make it quite tanky. However, Fairy-types are pretty common in competitive play so it might be more useful in a single-player playthrough.
- Immunity to Status moves with Magic Bounce. This defensive ability reflects commonly-used status moves that usually shut down tanks, like Leech Seed, Stealth Rock, Taunt, Toxic, and Will-O-Wisp.
- Access to a wide variety of utility moves. Mega Sableye’s diverse movepool allows it to run movesets such as Toxic stall or even Calm Mind sweeper.
- Very poor stats before Mega Evolution. Safely switching in Sableye is difficult unless it’s switched in after an ally faints.
- Becomes even slower upon Mega Evolution. Mega Evolving reduces Sableye’s Speed from 50 to 20. This makes it virtually impossible for Mega Sableye to outspeed anyone outside of Trick Room.