The Amulet Coin can be found in the eastern sector of Amity Square in Hearthome City. If you enter Amity Square and walk all the way up from the entrance without entering any structures, you’ll see the Amulet Coin behind a bench as an overworld item.
The Amulet Coin is a Hold Item that doubles the money earned from trainer battles. The holder must participate in the battle for the effect to trigger.
Amulet Coin Location (Step-by-Step)
The Amulet Coin is found in the eastern section of Amity Square in Hearthome City.
But you will not be allowed admission into the Square if you don’t have a “cute” Pokémon in your party, which means you need at least one Pokémon from the following list:
- Jigglypuff (Requires National Pokédex)
- Torchic (Requires National Pokédex)
- Shroomish (Requires National Pokédex)
- Skitty (Requires National Pokédex)
Once you have a sufficiently cute Pokémon with you in your party, start heading to the northeast corner of town.
When you reach the Hearthome City Gym, turn to the north and move up the street.
Take a right at the northern end of the street and enter the vibrantly-decorated Amity Square gate to the northeast.
Head through the entrance hall and into the Square.
A clerk at the front desk will stop you to make sure you’ve brought a Pokémon from the above list.
Once you are allowed inside, head north into the Square’s main area.
Ignore all the structures as you climb staircases and move steadily northward.
At the end of this section is a small “rest area” to the left of a stone building. Check at the north end of the bench to find a Poké Ball item on the ground.
Pick up the item to add the Amulet Coin to your bag.
Note: This is the only Amulet Coin in the game, so be careful not to sell or trade it by accident.
Amulet Coin Details and Uses
The Amulet Coin is a Held Item that doubles the money you’ll earn from trainer battles. It also doubles the amount of coins picked up from Pay Day.
Finding this item as soon as you reach Hearthome City can spare you some headaches later in the game.
The end-game and post-game content in Platinum can be very expensive, so earning double the funds for most of the game’s trainer battles can keep you from having to fight the Pokémon League over and over just for spare cash.
Make sure you give this item to a Pokémon that’s likely to see a lot of battles, preferably the first Pokémon in your party.
Note: The Amulet Coin will not work if the holder isn’t brought into play during the battle.
Miscellaneous Info about the Amulet Coin
- When a Pokémon holding the Amulet Coin enters battle, its reward-doubling effect is activated, even if the holder faints or is hit by an item-negating move or Ability.
- The Amulet Coin does not stack with Luck Incense or with more Amulet Coins.
- The Amulet Coin can be sold for 50 PokéDollars, although this is not recommended due to the item’s scarcity.
- When an Amulet Coin is flung by a Pokémon using Fling, the move has a base power of 30.
- How To Get the Amulet Coin in Pokémon Platinum