Muscle Bands can only be purchased from the lower left Exchange Service Corner kiosk in the Battle Frontier. Each Muscle Band will cost 48 BP, and this is the only way to get the item in Pokémon Platinum.
The Muscle Band is a Held Item that boosts the power of the holder’s physical moves by 10%.
Getting Muscle Bands
Muscle Bands can only be found in the Battle Frontier, which is the huge building to the northeast of the Pokémon Center in the Fight Area in the Battle Zone.
After entering the building, head straight through the Entrance Hall and head through the door to the north.
In the middle of the Main Hall will be several kiosks making up a central marketplace. This is the Exchange Service Corner.
Speak to the clerk at the southwestern kiosk (the one with the blue and white striped canopy).
Scroll through her inventory until you find the Muscle Band listing.
Each Muscle Band costs 48 Battle Points (BP). You can win BP by fighting in the Battle Frontier’s various facilities.
Muscle Band Details & Uses
The Muscle Band is a Held Item that increases the holder’s physical moves by 10%.
A slight boost to any stat is always nice. But for 48 BP (which is the highest amount any of the Battle Frontier items cost), Muscle Bands are far outclassed by other items.
One example of a better item would be the Life Orb, which boosts both physical and special moves by 30%, at the modest cost of 10% of the holder’s maximum HP.
But here’s a few other options to consider:
- Expert Belts offer 20% boosts to both physical and special attacks that are super-effective, with no drawbacks.
- Plates (such as the Icicle Plate, Mind Plate, Meadow Plate, etc.) offer 20% boosts to type-specific moves of both the physical and special categories as well.
- Another option could be any of the Choice Items (Choice Band, Choice Scarf, and Choice Specs). Each of these boosts the holder’s Attack, Speed, or Special Attack stats by 50%, respectively.
Note that the Choice items do lock the holder into using only one kind of move in battle. But if used strategically, the Choice Items are vastly superior to the Muscle Band’s 10% physical move boost.
Miscellaneous Info about the Muscle Band
- Each Muscle Band can be sold for 100 PokéDollars. Although this is not recommended due to the initial costliness of the item.
- If a Muscle Band is flung by a Pokémon using Fling, the move has a base power of 10.