TM16 Light Screen can only be purchased from the third floor of the Veilstone Department Store. The TM costs 2000 PokéDollars, and you can purchase an unlimited number of copies.
Light Screen is a non-damaging, Psychic-type status move that erects a barrier over the user’s team, reducing special move damage done to that team’s Pokémon by half. The effect lasts for five turns.
TM16 Light Screen Location
TM16 Light Screen can be purchased from a clerk on the third floor of Veilstone Department Store, which is just a short walk to the northwest of Veilstone City’s Pokémon Center.
Once inside the Department Store, take the elevator or escalators up to the third floor.
Then speak to the clerk behind the northwest counter to purchase TM16 Light Screen for 2000 PokéDollars.
This is the only way to get TM16 Light Screen, but you can buy as many copies as you need.
Light Screen Details and Uses
Light Screen is a Psychic-type status move that lasts for five turns.
It does no damage, but it casts a barrier in front of the user’s team that halves the damage received from all special attacks. This applies to the entire user’s team, not just the Pokémon that used Light Screen.
|Light Screen Move Details
|30 (max. 48)
Light Screen is a good move for shoring up a Pokémon team’s Special Defense inadequacies.
It’s best used either by a quick Pokémon that can set it up before the opponent gets an attack in, or by a tanky Pokémon that can take a full-force attack while it is setting up defenses.
Light Screen is the special counterpart to Reflect, which suppresses physical attacks.
One common strategy is to teach both moves to the same Pokémon, since Light Screen and Reflect can both be active simultaneously (this is known as dual-screening).
The Hold Item Light Clay is invaluable for this purpose: it extends the duration of defensive moves like Light Screen and Reflect from five turns to eight turns.
Miscellaneous Information about Light Screen:
- A team’s Light Screen can be destroyed by the moves Brick Break and Defog.
- Light Screen’s effects do not stack; if it is used while a Light Screen is already in place, the move will fail.
- In a double battle, Light Screen protects both Pokémon on the same team, but the special damage for each Pokémon is reduced by ⅓ instead of ½.
- TM16 Light Screen can be resold for 1000 PokéDollars.
- If used in a Pokémon Contest, Light Screen earns the user 2 Appeal Points and prevents the Voltage from going up in the same turn.