You can get TM45 Attract in two locations in Platinum:
- One copy is found on the ground in Amity Square in Hearthome City. Gaining admission into the Square requires you to have a “cute” Pokémon in your party.
- Unlimited copies can be purchased at the Battle Frontier. Each copy of the TM costs 32 BP.
Getting TM45 Attract
Location #1: Amity Square (Step-by-Step)
You can find one copy of TM45 Attract in Hearthome City’s Amity Square, which is a walkable park that only allows entry if you have a “cute” Pokémon in your party.
Acceptably cute Pokémon include any of the following:
- Jigglypuff (Requires National Pokédex)
- Torchic (Requires National Pokédex)
- Shroomish (Requires National Pokédex)
- Skitty (Requires National Pokédex)
Once you have one of the listed Pokémon with you in your party, you can enter Amity Square through the gate in the northwest corner of Hearthome City.
To get in, just walk through the entrance hall.
On the other side, an attendant will check to make sure you have a cute Pokémon with you.
Once you’re inside, head north from the front desk.
Keep going up until you see a small staircase leading to a sandy area. At this point don’t go up the stairs, and instead take a right to follow along the grass.
Keep going right until you hit a fountain, then head north up the staircase.
Once you’re up the stairs just walk to the right all the way down this small strip of land.
At the far eastern edge of this terrace is a Poké Ball item on the ground that contains TM45 Attract.
Location #2: The Battle Frontier
Unlimited copies of TM45 Attract can also be purchased from the Battle Frontier’s Exchange Service Corner for 32 Battle Points (BP) each.
The Exchange Service Corner is just inside the Battle Frontier, which is the huge building to the northeast of the Pokémon Center in the Battle Zone’s Fight Area.
After entering the building, keep moving up through Entrance Hall and head through the door to the north.
In the middle of the Main Hall will be several kiosks making up a central marketplace. This is the Exchange Service Corner.
Speak to the clerk at the southeastern kiosk (the one with the red and white striped canopy).
Then just scroll through her inventory until you find the listing for TM45 Attract.
Each copy of TM45 Attract will cost 32 BP. You can only earn BP by fighting in the Battle Frontier’s various facilities.
Attract Details and Uses
Attract is a non-damaging Normal-type status move. If a Pokémon uses it on a target of the opposite gender, the opponent will become infatuated with the user and be less likely to attack them.
|Attract Move Details|
|PP||15 (max. 24)|
Attract is a gimmicky, unreliable move that isn’t generally worth using in your party during a playthrough.
Its most glaring downside is that it won’t affect over half of the Pokémon in the game, since it fails against both same-gender and gender-unknown Pokémon (like Magnemite).
If Attract succeeds, it will hit the opponent with a debilitating 50% chance of wasting each turn due to infatuation.
But then the trainer can switch to a same-gender Pokémon to drop the condition and render Attract harmless.
If you just want to waste some of your opponent’s turns then a sleep-inducing move like Yawn or Hypnosis would have much better success.
The only selling point of Attract compared to similar moves is that nearly every Pokémon in the game can learn this TM. So if you have a specialty team in sore need of a status move, Attract can be an option.
Miscellaneous Info about Attract
- Attract fails against Pokémon with the Oblivious Ability.
- If a Pokémon becomes infatuated while holding a Mental Herb or an Eggant Berry, it will consume the item and cure itself of its infatuation.
- If the Attract user infatuates a Pokémon holding a Destiny Knot, the user will also become infatuated with the target.
- A copy of TM45 can be sold for 1500 PokéDollars.
- If Attract is used in a Pokémon Contest, it will earn the user 2 Appeal Points and prevent the Voltage from going down in that turn.