You can get TM58 Endure at the Game Corner Prize Exchange building in Veilstone City. Each copy costs 2000 Coins, which must be won or bought from the Game Corner next door.
Endure is a non-damaging Normal-type status move that lets the user survive any attack, leaving it with 1 HP if it would otherwise have fainted.
TM58 Endure Location
TM58 Endure is found in the Veilstone City Prize Exchange building, next door to the Game Corner, on a raised strip to the south of the Pokémon Center.
From the Pokémon Center in Veilstone, head south on the main paved street.
Take the first staircase you see, and the blue-roofed Prize Exchange building will be right in front of you.
Speak to the clerk at the counter and find the listing for TM58.
Each copy of TM58 Endure costs 2000 Coins each. These must be obtained at the Game Corner next door, either by winning them from the slot machines or by purchasing them from the clerk using PokéDollars.
The PokéDollar-to-Coin exchange rate is 1,000 dollars for 50 coins (or 10000 for 500). So to buy enough Coins for TM58, it would cost 40,000 PokéDollars.
Endure Details and Uses
Endure is a non-damaging Normal-type status move that allows the user to withstand any attack, leaving 1 HP if it would have been knocked out.
|Endure Move Details|
|PP||10 (max. 16)|
Like Protect, Endure is a priority move. So in most cases it will be the first move used in a turn (it fails if it isn’t).
Unlike Protect, Endure still allows you to take damage. This can leave you into a precarious situation that you could avoid if you opt for Protect.
Endure also has the same rate of failure that Protect has when used in consecutive turns:
- 100% chance the first Endure will succeed
- 50% in the second turn
- 25% in the third turn
- And 12.5% in the fourth turn
So the reasons to use Endure over Protect are very few and very situational.
- The moves Flail and Reversal inflict more damage when the user’s HP is lower. And both have a base power of 200 when the user’s HP is approximately 4% of its maximum or below.
- The move Endeavor could also be useful after using Endure, since Endeavor brings the target Pokémon’s HP down to what the user’s is.
- Certain Berries also activate when the holder’s HP reaches a certain level. If the Pokémon is holding a Liechi or Salac Berry, they will consume the Berry when their HP dips below a certain point, granting them an Attack or Speed stat boost.
- A Custap Berry will grant the holder’s next move a priority boost when it dips below ¼ of its maximum.
Still, these are fairly gimmicky strategies.
And most players will get infinitely more use out of a move like Protect, so it’s hard to say that Endure is ever worth using in a typical playthrough of Pokémon Platinum.
Miscellaneous information about Endure:
- If a Pokémon with 1 HP uses Endure, it will still withstand the attack and take no damage.
- A copy of TM58 Endure can be resold for 1000 PokéDollars.
- If Endure is used in a Pokémon Contest, it will earn the user 2 Appeal Points and prevent the Voltage from going up in the same turn.