You can buy TM11 Sunny Day from the Technical Machine Shop in the Royal Avenue Pokémon Center. You can also buy the TMs for the other weather moves from this same shop (Hail, Rain Dance and Sandstorm).
Royal Avenue is located on Akala Island, and it becomes accessible after you complete the Brooklet Hill trial.
Obtaining TM11 Sunny Day (Step-by-Step)
You will arrive at Royal Avenue from the west while playing through the game.
Step 1: From Royal Avenue’s western entrance, follow the road and head east.
Step 2: Keep going east until you reach the Pokémon Center. Head inside the building.
Step 3: Inside the Pokémon Center, walk up to the PokéMart counter on the right side of the building.
Step 4: Talk to the clerk on the right side of the counter. Select “Buy” from the menu.
Step 5: Select Sunny Day, which is the second TM from top to bottom. It costs 50,000 PokéDollars.
Sunny Day Details + Use
|Sunny Day Move Details|
Sunny Day is a weather move that creates harsh sunlight when used in battle.
Harsh sunlight lasts for five turns. Pokémon holding a Heat Rock will extend harsh sunlight’s duration to eight turns.
During battles, harsh sunlight has the following interactions with moves:
- Boosts the power of Fire-type moves by 50%.
- Decreases the power of Water-type moves by 50%.
- Solar Beam and Solar Blade can be used instantly, without needing a full turn to charge.
- Boosts Moonlight, Morning Sun and Synthesis recovery up to ⅔ of the Pokémon’s max HP.
- Growth will raise the Pokémon’s Attack and Special Attack stats by two stages, instead of one.
- Drops the accuracy of Thunder and Hurricane to 50%.
Sunny Day will also interact with the following abilities:
- Chlorophyll will double the Pokémon’s Speed stat under harsh sunlight.
- Solar Power will raise the Pokémon’s Sp. Attack stat by 50%. On the other hand, the Pokémon will also lose 12.5% of its maximum HP every turn.
- Leaf Guard will prevent the Pokémon from being inflicted with status conditions.
- Flower Gift will transform Cherrim into Sunshine Form. The ability will also raise the Attack and Special Defense stats of all Pokémon in the party by 50%.
- Harvest will always restore the Pokémon’s Berry.
- Pokémon with Dry Skin will lose 12.5% of their maximum HP every turn.
While sunny weather teams are a popular strategy, Sunny Day isn’t a very popular move. Most sunny weather teams will run a Pokémon with the ability Drought instead.
Pokémon with Drought will instantly trigger harsh sunlight when entering a battle. Unlike Sunny Day, Drought doesn’t require a full turn to set up.
However, some teams may choose to run a secondary weather setter. In this case, using a Pokémon with Sunny Day in the moveset could be an option.