To unlock The Navel (Extreme) trial, also known as Titan EX, you need to accept the quest called “Quake Me Up Before You O’Ghomoro” from Urianger in The Waking Sands (X:6.0, Y:4.9).
But first you will need to finish a few pre-requisite quests, including the Garuda EX trial.
We’ll go through the exact unlocking process + the full trial mechanics below.
Step-by-Step Unlock Guide
- Complete the Main Scenario Quest “In a Titan Spot” from Y’shtola in The Waking Sands (X:6.1, Y:5.1)
- Complete the quest “Primal Nature” from Urianger in The Waking Sands (X:6.0, Y:4.9)
- Complete the quest “Gale-force Warning” from Urianger in The Waking Sands (X:6.0, Y:4.9)
- Accept the quest “Quake Me Up Before You O’Ghomoro” quest from Urianger in The Waking Sands (X:6.0, Y:4.9)
- Talk to Storm Commander R’ashaht Rhiki in the Maelstrom Command at Limsa Lominsa Upper Decks (X:13.1, Y:12.8)
- Attune yourself to the U’Ghamaro Mines Aetheryte in Outer La Noscea (X:24.3, Y:8.9)
Detailed Unlock Guide
Once you finish the required MSQ, you will need to do the Primal Questline from Urianger in The Waking Sands (X:6.0, Y:4.9), starting with “Primal Nature”. The Primal Questline allows you to unlock the Extreme versions of primals you have previously defeated in the Main Scenario Questline.
The Navel (Extreme) trial is the second primal fight you will encounter in this quest line.
You’ll also be able to unlock The Howling Eye (Extreme) and The Bowl of Embers (Extreme) in this quest line.
After finishing “Primal Nature,” accept the “Gale-force Warning” quest from Urianger. This quest will unlock The Howling Eye (Extreme), where you will face Garuda’s Extreme version.
Once you clear Garuda EX, go back to Urianger and accept the “Quake Me Up Before You O’Ghomoro” quest.
Urianger will tell you about a recent earthquake that can only be caused by the return of the Lord of the Crags. Then he will ask you to go to the Maelstrom Command to learn more about the incident.
Go to R’ashaht Rhiki in Limsa Lominsa Upper Decks (X:13.1, Y:12.8).
The Storm Commander will confirm Urianger’s suspicion that the Kobolds have summoned their primal god and ask for your help once again.
After talking to the Storm Commander, go to the U’Ghamaro Mines Aetheryte in Outer La Noscea (X:24.3, Y:8.9) and re-attune to it.
Once you have re-attuned to the Aetheryte, The Navel (Extreme) trial will be unlocked, allowing you to fight Titan’s Extreme version. To enter the trial, you’ll need at least an average item level of 65 and a level 50 Disciple of War or Magic job.
This trial is widely considered by the community as the hardest of the three EX primals in this questline when it’s done while synced.
So here’s a quick breakdown of the trial mechanics to help you get through it:
Trial Boss: Titan (Extreme)
The arena will shrink three times as the fight goes on. After the arena shrinks for the first time, you will instantly die if you walk off or get knocked off the arena. Watch your toes and avoid as many AoEs as you can.
This fight is divided into four phases, with extra mechanics added after each phase.
Familiarize yourself with Phase 1 mechanics, as the boss will continue to use these until the end of the fight.
- Landslide – A wide line attack that knocks players back. While this attack is telegraphed, it goes off pretty fast, so be quick on your toes or use knockback immunity skills.
- Tumult – The boss will stomp continuously and deal raid-wide damage. Mitigate and heal through the damage.
- Weight of the Land – An AoE puddle that spawns under four players and deals a lot of damage. Stack near the boss to bait the puddles in one area, then spread out to avoid the attack.
- Mountain Buster – A tankbuster attack that inflicts a stacking vulnerability debuff on the primary target. Use damage reduction skills and heal through the damage. The off-tank should swap with the primary tank whenever the debuff reaches three stacks.
“Geocrush” will signal the start of Phase 2. Players can now fall off the edge of the arena if they get knocked back by “Landslide.” The primary tank should move Titan to the northern edge of the arena.
- Geocrush – The boss will jump in the air and the outer edges of the arena will glow in red, indicating the parts of the arena that will be destroyed. Then, the boss will do a slam attack that deals raid-wide AoE damage depending on how close the players are to the center. Stand near the edge of the safe zones to avoid getting knocked off and decrease the slam’s damage.
- Landslide (three-way) – During Phase 2, “Landslide’s” line attack will branch out into three directions. Don’t get knocked back by these line attacks or you will die.
Rock Throw + Granite Gaol – The boss will target one healer and one DPS, chaining and trapping them in gaols that can be targeted and destroyed. If the chains are not broken before the players are trapped, the party will be inflicted with a damage reduction debuff.
Before the gaols go off, the DPS should stay behind the boss while the healer moves to the southwest or southeast corner of the arena to break the chains. Free the DPS first before the healer.
- Upheaval – The boss will raise one of its legs and slam it on the ground, knocking back players near it during “Rock Throw + Granite Gaol.” Since the boss is tanked at the northern edge of the platform, the rest of the party should stack behind the boss to avoid getting knocked off.
- Bomb Boulders – Glowing boulders that will explode after some time. Move away from these boulders to avoid getting hit.
Another “Geocrush” will signal the start of Phase 3, shrinking the platform even more. Handle “Geocrush” as you did in Phase 2.
- Titan’s Heart – The boss’ heart will become targetable and should be destroyed as soon as possible.
- Landslide (five-way) – “Landslide” will now branch out into five line attacks. Similar to earlier phases, avoid these attacks or use knockback immunity.
- Earthen Fury – A raid-wide AoE attack. This attack will wipe the raid if the boss’ heart is still alive when the cast goes off. Otherwise, this attack will go off as soon as the heart is destroyed. Mitigate and heal through the damage.
The end of “Earthen Fury” will signal the start of the final phase. Fortunately, the arena will not shrink any further, and there is only one added mechanic in this phase:
Granite Gaolers – The boss will spawn two gaolers that should be dragged away from the rest of the party. The gaolers and the boss will get a damage buff if the gaolers stay close to the boss for too long. These also mobs will drop a puddle that inflicts a DoT and slowing debuff after they die.
Drag the gaolers away from the boss, destroy them as soon as possible, and avoid the puddles they will drop after death.
|Tremor Earrings of Aiming||Earrings||Blue (Primal Gear)|
|Tremor Earrings of Casting||Earrings||Blue (Primal Gear)|
|Tremor Earrings of Fending||Earrings||Blue (Primal Gear)|
|Tremor Earrings of Healing||Earrings||Blue (Primal Gear)|
|Tremor Earrings of Slaying||Earrings||Blue (Primal Gear)|
|Crag Heart||Crafting Material||Basic|
|Faded Copy of Under The Weight||Crafting Material||Basic|
|Titan Card||Triple Triad Card||Basic|