TM33 Reflect can be purchased on the third floor of the Veilstone Department Store. It costs 2000 PokéDollars per copy, and this is the only location where you can get TM33 in Pokémon Platinum.
Reflect is a non-damaging Psychic-type status move that erects a barrier in front of the user’s team for five turns, suppressing all damage from physical attacks received by that team by one-half.
TM33 Reflect Location
TM33 Reflect is available for purchase from a clerk on the third floor of Veilstone Department Store, which is just a short walk to the northwest of Veilstone City’s Pokémon Center.
Once you’re in the Department Store, take the elevator or escalators to the third floor, which is dedicated to selling TMs.
Speak to the clerk behind the northwest counter to purchase TM33 Reflect for 2000 PokéDollars.
This is the only way to get TM33 Reflect, but you can buy as many copies here as you need.
Reflect Details and Uses
Reflect is a non-damaging Psychic-type status move that sets up a barrier. This lasts for five turns and halves all physical damage aimed at the user’s team.
|Reflect Move Details|
|PP||30 (max. 48)|
Reflect is the physical counterpart to Light Screen, which suppresses the damage received from special attacks.
A common strategy you could use is dual-screening:
This is where you teach both moves to the same Pokémon, preferably a quick Pokémon that can establish the defenses before the opponent has time to do much damage. Or you could teach them to a Pokémon with already-high Defense stats that can take a few hits while it sets up the barriers.
A move like U-Turn or Baton Pass is also useful in conjunction with Reflect and Light Screen, since this it allows the Pokémon to setup the barriers before switching to a different Pokémon who might benefit more from them.
Also, the Hold Item Light Clay is priceless when using both Light Screen and Reflect. It extends the duration of each move’s effects up from five turns to eight turns.
Miscellaneous information about Reflect:
- A team’s Reflect barrier can be destroyed by the moves Brick Break and Defog.
- Reflect’s effects do not stack; if it is used while a Reflect barrier is already in place, the move will fail.
- In a double battle, Reflect protects both Pokémon on the same team, but the special damage for each Pokémon is reduced by ⅓ instead of ½.
- TM33 Reflect can be resold for 1000 PokéDollars.
- If used in a Pokémon Contest, Reflect will earn the user 2 Appeal Points and prevent the Voltage from going up in the same turn.