TM37 Sandstorm can only be bought in the Mistralton Pokémon Center at the front desk where TMs are sold. It costs 50,000 Pokédollars, and you only need one copy since TMs in B/W can be re-used repeatedly.
The Mistralton Pokémon Center is directly in front of the entrance to the city. But to reach Mistralton City, you’ll first need to defeat Gym Leader Clay in Driftveil City and also make it through Chargestone Cave.
In Pokémon Black and White, Poké Marts are no longer a separate building and are instead included inside Pokémon Centers. The desk where items are sold can be found to the right of the Center’s entrance.
TM37 Sandstorm Location
Step 1: Starting at the entrance to Mistralton City, take a few steps north-east and enter the Pokémon Center.
Step 2: Speak to the clerk closest to the entrance to buy TM37 Sandstorm.
Along with TM37 Sandstorm, this same clerk also sells the following TMs:
|TM11 Sunny Day||50,000|
|TM18 Rain Dance||50,000|
Sandstorm Details + Uses
TM37 Sandstorm is a weather move that changes the condition of battle.
When Sandstorm is used, Pokémon participating in battle that are not Rock-, Steel-, or Ground-types will begin to take damage each turn.
Sandstorm lasts 5 turns, or until a different weather move is used.
|Sandstorm Move Details|
Here are some key things worth knowing about Sandstorm:
- Using TM37 Sandstorm causes a sandstorm to brew. This event lasts 5 turns or until another type of Weather move is used.
- Unless a Pokémon’s type is Ground, Steel, or Rock, it will take damage from Sandstorm. The move will damage 1/16th of a battling Pokémon’s HP each turn.
- Rock-types receive a huge defensive boost. Their Special Defense is increased by 50% during sandstorm conditions.
- Certain abilities benefit from the use of Sandstorm.
- Pokémon with the Sand Force ability receive a 30% power boost on Rock, Ground, and Steel moves.
- Pokémon with the Sand Rush ability will have their Speed doubled.
- Sandstorm will last 8 turns (increased from 5) if the user is also holding a Smooth Rock. This is a great increase that can stretch conditions to last for an entire battle.
- Sandstorm will fail if used in extreme weather conditions. These conditions include heavy rain, extremely harsh sunlight, or strong winds.
Sandstorm is a great weather move because it allows flexibility with your team makeup, boosting the overall durability of Ground, Steel, and Rock Pokémon.
Sandstorm also plays to the natural advantage of Rock types, increasing their already strong Special Defense stat.
And even in competitive battles, Sandstorm can be a dependable move, and it works wonders when paired with the Rock-type Gigalith, since the Pokémon will receive a much-needed Special Defense increase.
If your Gigalith has the Sand Force ability, it will arguably become the most dangerous attacker on the field.
- Where To Get TM37 Sandstorm in Pokémon Black & White